For those that have just started trading you should know that V shaped moves like we’ve seen the past two weeks are perfectly normal. In fact, this high level of volatility is exactly why those of us who’ve been in the business so long love the markets. Not really. In fact it’s becoming tiresome to many, myself included.
If you’re like me you are holding your breath until December 9th when the EU either magically fixes itself or explodes into a billion shards. There are many events this coming week across the pond that will no doubt continue the overnight swings we’ve all grown accustomed to. Enjoy the links and your weekend!
- Men really don’t think about sex all day long [Ohio State]
- When errors improve performance [LMU]
- How rationality can make your life more awesome [Rationally Speaking]
- Creative excuses: Original thinkers more likely to cheat [APA]
- Are doing harm and allowing harm the same thing? [Brown]
- Swearing reduces pain – but not if you do it every day [Keele University]
- Guiding lights: Harvard researcher creates neurons that illuminate as they fire [Harvard]
- How box scores are like gene sequences: The geek path from baseball to bio [Wired]
- Neural (MRI) correlates of effective learning [Deric Bownd]
- Do nice guys & girls really finish last? [Notre Dame]
- Color is not a black and white issue [Hull]
- The neurocognitive connection between physical activity & eating behavior [BMR]
- New research distinguishes roles of consciousness and subconscious awareness [Neuroartes]
- The concern with self-confidence [Brain Blogger]