Finally saw a down week in the markets though not much of a move lower thanks to Friday’s move. Interestingly enough, Friday’s move closed right at the linear regression trend line from the 2009 lows [chart]. I would not be surprised to see a move higher into the Jackson Hole Symposium next week which starts on Thursday. The really exciting news is that Labor Day is almost here which is followed by the September FOMC meeting on the 12th and 13th. I think that September’s option expiration week (the week after the FOMC meeting) is when the market will once again be kind to premium sellers like myself.
Enjoy the links and your weekend!
- 5 elements of effective thinking (video) [CorePsych]
- Why time flies when you’re having fun [MNT]
- Is it easier to see a potential winner after a successful trade? [BPS Research Digest]
- The smarter you are the larger your bias blind spot [PsycNet]
- The neuroscience of swearing [Open Culture]
- What happens in the brain when one is shrooming? [Integral Options Cafe]
- The cognitive psychology of pick-up lines [Psychology Today]
- Black belts’ punching power linked to their brain structure [Health]
- Think fresh: When is a hammer not a hammer? [Sharp Brains]
- How much something means to you actually influences how you see it [University of Toronto]
- The power of intermittent euphoria [Mark’s Daily Apple]