11 days, 5 states and over 3,000 miles later the annual summer vacation is over! It was good to see some parts of the United States I’ve never seen and spend time with family. It was also good to get back home.
Option expiration next week and some indicators I watch suggest that the potential is there for a big move. Perhaps it’s ahead of the FOMC meeting on the 12th & 13th or not, I don’t know. But I do know that as a premium seller it’s been a great summer playing both sides of this chop. However, it’s time to take the foot off the gas and let the market tell me what to do next. Enjoy the links and your weekend!
- Force of habit: Stress hormones switch off areas of the brain for goal-directed behavior [PsyPost]
- Overcoming the fear of loss: 5 steps to get unstuck [Tiny Buddah]
- Memory improves for older adults using computerized brain fitness program [UCLA]
- Why living in the moment is impossible [Pitt]
- Brain hubs boil when hoarders face pitching their own stuff [NIMH]
- Marijuana and memory: study shows it’s not good news [SMH]
- The right way and wrong way to let your mind wander [io9]
- 5 apps that help improve memory and overall cognition [BrainScape]
- Social network size linked to brain size [Scientific American]
- Don’t just map your run, earn points for it [NYT]
- More evidence that exercise keeps aging brains healthy [Post Gazette]