Fugly week for the bulls as Wednesday was the shot across the bow day when the $SPX cut through with ease many moving averages I watch including the 20 SMA and the 13 EMA. Thursday broke the uptrend support and had the most volume since early August confirming Wednesday’s breach. Bulls definitely have their work cut out for them next week, barring a “surprise” from across the pond over the weekend anyway.
Seems that the overnight volatility in the markets is keeping many out, including myself, so it would make sense that once Europe is off the table we could see volatility come in. However, Friday’s price action did little more than work off some short-term oversold indicators which could allow for a solid breach of 1120 early next week. Most economic reports are towards the front of the week so potential catalyst are there. Enjoy the links and your weekend!
- Why Being Relaxed Makes Us Spend Too Much Money [Wired]
- Eat, Smoke, Meditate: Why Your Brain Cares How You Cope [Forbes]
- Brain scanner can recreate movie scenes you’ve watched [ABC]
- You are Exactly Where You Need to Be [PsychCentral]
- Yawning may cool your brain [DailyMail]
- Divine Intuition: Cognitive Style Influences Belief in God [JEP]
- We underestimate the benefits of nature [Research Digest]
- A brain on forgiveness [Brain Leaders and Learners]
- Creating a mindful society [WildMind]
- Brain’s reward centers demand glucose [Yale]
- The neuroscience of decision making [The Kavli Foundation]